Monday, May 12, 2008

Meet Bonnie


Name: Bonnie Smith

Hometown: Moose Jaw

Family: Married to Paul, Mother to Matt, Zack & Jeff

Favourite Quote: "We have to let go of the the life we had plannedIn order to live the life we have waiting for us."

Song for the Soundtrack: "Storm" Lifehouse

Is going to Africa because...
Africa has always been somewhere I’ve wanted to see. The rugged beauty of both the land and the people have drawn me to it. This past year I have been working towards a certificate in International Community Development and it seemed that for each topic we studied, I envisioned Africa. The more I read and learned about the issues and difficulties they struggle with, the more I could imagine myself there doing what I could to make things better. There is a saying that I know that says To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world. If everyone strove to make a difference in the life of one person in need, these problems could disappear overnight. So I accept this challenge and commit myself to be present to those I meet. I also believe they are very likely to be the ones to make the difference in me. So with a heart ready to serve, learn and grow, I am honored to share this experience with my nine special teammates. May God Bless us all,

Favourite Vacation: Her honeymoon

Favourite Place to Be... by the ocean

No comments: