Monday, May 12, 2008

Meet Lisa


Name: Lisa Dalley

Hometown: Windsor, Ontario

Is... The team leader! Her family includes: husband Brian and three children Morgan, Jordan and Chad. She has as been to Cork, South Africa once before.

Favourite Quote: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding: In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight Proverbs 3:5,6

Song for the Soundtrack: "What a wonderful World"

I'm going to Africa because: 

This will be my second experience in Cork, South Africa . I am very excited to return and witness for myself the progress that has been made there. Having been there before I am aware of the conflict and stress in Cork . It is palatable among the people. I am honored to work within the areas that are most vulnerable and I hope to continue to help develop Cork at the community level. I will continue to do my part in this community to help them build their capacity to do the work that needs to be done, for them to continue to live as families. The need for employment has led many –mainly men-out of the community searching for a better life. Many never returning to their families. Or returning with illness that leads to their death and/ or their wives inevitable demise. In which case orphans are left to raise themselves. Our job now is to support the youth in their decisions and educate them to make better choices. We will continue to support and educate the women of the community, the Homebase Care Workers, who give so much time of their time to the orphans, the sick and the dying.

To go to Africa for me is to truly feel God’s presence—I can’t wait to go.

Favourite Place to Spend Time: The Hot Tub!

Is known for "my takeout menus" in the kitchen

No comments: