Monday, May 12, 2008

Meet Scott


Name: Scott Rowland

Hometown: Hamilton

Family: Father to Michelle, Mark & Alecia, Husband to Eileen

Favourite Quote: "The best exercise for the heart is to lift someone else up."

Song for the Soundtrack: "One Tin Soldier"

I'm going to Africa because....

I have a genuine compassion for people in daily life, but few times have the opportunity to show this in the “rat race” that is the corporate world.
It is a great opportunity to share something very meaningful with my daughter Michelle - to get to know each other better, and to always have this experience as a common bond.
I feel a short term mission and the immersion it provides is the best way to get emotionally involved and committed… from the preparation, to the visit & hands on help, and then sharing the experience afterwards.
It just feels like the right thing to do at this time in my life.


What makes me smile... watching my kids play

Most exotic food ever eaten: Sushi

No comments: